- NTDs thrive under conditions of poverty, poor sanitation, unsafe water, and malnutrition
- NTDs can blind, deform, and debilitate their victims
- NTDs compromise mental and physical development, reduce school enrollment, and hinder economic productivity
- Preventing NTDs attacks a root cause of poverty that affects a significant proportion of the world’s population
- Safe and effective drugs are now available to prevent the most common NTDs
About the NTD Program
USAID is a global leader in the large-scale implementation of integrated treatment programs for NTDs, focusing on mass drug administration to target the control and/or elimination of the diseases.
Learn more ▶
Latest NewsGo to Newsroom
Nepal Joins USAID’s NTD Program in Celebrating the Support of the One Billionth Treatment
The government of Nepal joined the global community to celebrate USAID’s landmark achievement in supporting one billion treatments for NTDs in 2014.Read More
Photo Gallery Launch at the American Cultural Center, Maputo, Mozambique, in Recognition of USAID’s One Billion and Counting Campaign
A Photo Gallery was launched in recognition of USAID’s One Billion and Counting Campaign in Maputo, Mozambique.Read More
Indonesia Honors Two Unsung Heroes as Part of USAID's One Billion Campaign
Indonesia honored two unsung heroes as part of the USAID One Billion Celebration during their 2014 Stakeholders’ Meeting held in Jakarta, Indonesia on August 11, 2014.Read More
One Billion and Counting
Accelerating Action to Eliminate NTDs by 2020
Learn more about the One Billion and Counting campaign highlighting the success of USAID’s NTD program as we support the delivery of the ONE BILLIONTH treatment in 2014.
Uniting to Combat NTDs: 2020 Goals
Uniting efforts with NTD-endemic countries, partners pledged to bring a unique focus to defeating these diseases and to work together to improve the lives of the 1.4 billion people worldwide affected by NTDs.
USAID collaborates with a wide range of partners to implement the NTD Program.