- NTDs thrive under conditions of poverty, poor sanitation, unsafe water, and malnutrition
- NTDs can blind, deform, and debilitate their victims
- NTDs compromise mental and physical development, reduce school enrollment, and hinder economic productivity
- Preventing NTDs attacks a root cause of poverty that affects a significant proportion of the world’s population
- Safe and effective drugs are now available to prevent the most common NTDs
About the NTD Program
USAID is a global leader in the large-scale implementation of integrated treatment programs for NTDs, focusing on mass drug administration to target the control and/or elimination of the diseases.
Learn more ▶
Latest NewsGo to Newsroom
USAID’s NTD Program Successfully Scaling Up Deworming Treatment
Read about the work being done by USAID and the global community to recognize the joint impact of NTDs and malnutrition and the benefits of addressing them in tandem.Read More
Wine and Worms Celebration at USAID
USAID’s Assistant Administrator for Global Health, Dr. Ariel Pablos-Méndez, and staff from across the agency’s Global Health Bureau celebrate the One Billion and Counting Campaign in Washington, D.C.Read More
Ghana Creates Public-private Partnerships to Ramp Up NTD Diagnoses and Treatments
Are there opportunities out there for public-private collaboration on NTDs? The Ghana NTD Programme certainly thinks so. Learn how it’s working with the country’s Society of Private Medical and Dental Practitioners (SPMDP) to collaborate more effectively.Read More
One Billion and Counting
Accelerating Action to Eliminate NTDs by 2020
Learn more about the One Billion and Counting campaign highlighting the success of USAID’s NTD program as we support the delivery of the ONE BILLIONTH treatment in 2014.
Uniting to Combat NTDs: 2020 Goals
Uniting efforts with NTD-endemic countries, partners pledged to bring a unique focus to defeating these diseases and to work together to improve the lives of the 1.4 billion people worldwide affected by NTDs.
USAID collaborates with a wide range of partners to implement the NTD Program.